Our direct client is in need of an SAS Programmer Analyst to fill a 7-month contract position in Warren, NJ
Responsible for processing data from various sources, creating variables, developing various statistical models, as well as supporting model implementation Complete
Source data from various sources (both internal and external). Perform exploratory data analysis and quality assurance tasks to understand and ensure data integrity. Create, manipulate and prepare large data sets for predictive modelling.
- Generate modelling variables based on univariate and bivariate analysis.
- Research and choose appropriate modelling methodologies, and develop predictive models.
- Develop or refine modelling utility programs with SAS Macro or VB for the various stages of predictive modelling process.
- Support IT in the design and testing of the models, including scoring engine, user interface and automated business rules.
- Participate in the efforts to validate and recalibrate predictive models.
- Support various business requests which require statistical analysis.
- Provide guidance and assistance to colleagues and other functional areas.
We will call qualified candidates after review. Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will pay you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
Overtime: Straight time
- 5 years advanced knowledge in statistical analysis and multivariate procedures, including techniques for predictive modelling, classification, segmentation
- Advanced degree (MA, MS or Ph.D.) in statistics, actuarial science, computer science, operations research, econometrics, engineering or similar field
- 5 years advanced SAS Data Step and Macro programming skills are required. Experience in developing reports with SAS/Graph and ODS
- 5 years experience with SQL and relational databases and large transactional data files. Ability to extract, manipulate and match-merge large data sets fro
- Proficiency in Excel and Access
- Working knowledge of external customer data sources, like Census, demographics and lifestyle
- Systems knowledge as an end user: Windows and UNIX operating system required
- 5-10 year experience developing advanced predictive models, multiple data sources extraction and information delivery in business environment.